PARCELA X - Honest Wines
PARCELA X was born under the motto of “Honest Wines”. A project who fuses the art of making great personal wines with the work of the best winegrowers of each plot.
The philosophy of the project is to make wines from certified organic vineyards, with the winegrowers and their vineyards as protagonists. With this joint work and respecting an honest price for the grape, we contribute to preserving the landscape and the wine legacy in the area.
For the 2021 vintage of Parcela X, two unique and different vineyards have been selected: the lands of Ignasi Seguí and Jordi Vallés, two great and well-known winegrowers in the area.
Ignasi’s vineyard is located in the heart of Pacs del Penedés, 200 meters above sea level and is called “Refugi” because, being surrounded by native vegetation, aromatic herbs and trees, forms a kind of natural refuge. Its soils are deep clay with good fertility and capable of generating a high quality of Macabeo.
“La vinya del bosc” by Jordi Vallès, is located 400 meters above sea level in the area of San Martí de Sarroca, cataloged as one of the great areas of the Penedès for its freshness and great typicity of soils. It is calcareous and shallow, where you can almost see the bedrock. This vineyard is surrounded by native forests with a great variety of aromatic herbs. You can also see the mountains of Montserrat in the distance.
The wines of PARCELA X
DESTIERRO “Refugi” is a white wine vinified with 65% Macabeo and 35% Malvasía de Sitges, from D.O. Penedes. It has a short passage through new French oak barrels, as well as a partial fermentation with skins, which makes it a complex, fresh and fruity wine.
1,149 bottles and 40 magnums have been produced.
SOLEDADES “La vinya del bosc” carries the name of Paulo’s mother and sister, as a tribute to them. It is a wine made with one of the best Sauvignon Blanc grapes in the area. 60% of the wine has been aged in new French oak barrels for 5 months and the remaining 40% fermented in stainless steel tanks with its lees. A subtle, saline and deep wine.
1028 bottles of 0.75cl and 58 magnums of 1.5cl have been produced.
Find here the tecnical sheets of both wines: